FORUM BISNIS ONLINE CENTER

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM BISNIS ONLINE CENTER

SELAMAT DATANG DI FORUM BISNIS ONLINE CENTER .PUSAT MEDIA INFORMASI BISNIS

How to Import Sony PXW-Z100 footage to Avid Media Composer

zaphodna

Jumlah posting : 105

How to Import Sony PXW-Z100 footage to Avid Media Composer Empty How to Import Sony PXW-Z100 footage to Avid Media Composer

Post  zaphodna Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Summary: Facing issues with importing Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC codec to Avid Media Composer for further editing? If so, just get some tips and tricks here.

Sony PXW-Z100 is a new professional handheld camcorder records 4K using the XAVC format on to XQD solid state memory cards. I've been researching possible workflows for Sony PXW-Z100 and Avid Media Composer, as I will work with the Sony PXW-Z100 footage in Avid. However, I found many users complained the problems when trying to edit Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC footage in Avid MC.

As far as I know XAVC is an open recoding format that was introduced by Sony. It allows for a wide range of content production including intra frame recording and long group of pictures (GOP) recording. In theory, Avid Media Composer can support HD & 4K XAVC, but you will still have problem for transferring these XAVC videos even with the XAVC/XDCAM Plug-in for Avid. To avoid these problems or limit, it will be better to transcode Sony PXW-Z100 footage to DNxHD, a more "edit" friendly codec for Avid Media Composer.

First all of, download and install Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, which is an easy-to-use yet professional Mac XAVC Converter for Avid Media Composer. It's able to convert XAVC files from Sony PXW-Z100 to DNxHD video for Avid native editing. Besides, it might help you to solve the XAVC codec issues with FCP, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac. For Windows(Cool users, please get Brorsoft Video Converter to solve the Avid MC and XAVC incompatible problem.

How to convert Sony PXW-Z100 media to Avid Media Composer

Step 1: Install and launch the Mac XAVC to Avid converter. Click Add button to load individual videos for converting.

Step 2: Click Format preset and choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as the best video format for editing Sony XAVC in Avid as well as good video quality.

Tip: You can also click Settings to fix the frame rate, bitrate, audio and video quality to your needs.

Step 3: Hit "Convert" button to start Sony PXW-Z100 XAVC to DNxHD .mov conversion. You can follow the conversion process from the pop-up windows.

After the conversion, you can import the converted Sony PXW-Z100 files to Avid Media Composer (5.5/6.0/6.5/7) for smooth playback and editing smoothly.

More Tips:

Convert Sony XAVC codec to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer
    How to import Sony XAVC to Final Cut Pro
    Converting Sony XAVC videos to AIC MOV for iMovie

Waktu sekarang Sat May 11, 2024 4:04 pm