FORUM BISNIS ONLINE CENTER

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORUM BISNIS ONLINE CENTER

SELAMAT DATANG DI FORUM BISNIS ONLINE CENTER .PUSAT MEDIA INFORMASI BISNIS

Tips Convert Sony Handycam MTS files to AIC .mov for iMovie

zaphodna

Jumlah posting : 105

Tips Convert Sony Handycam MTS files to AIC .mov for iMovie Empty Tips Convert Sony Handycam MTS files to AIC .mov for iMovie

Post  zaphodna Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Summary: Want to import video files from Sony Handycam to iMovie 08/09/11, while iMovie can't detect your camcorder or can’t import the MTS clips smoothly? Fortunately, there is an easy way to fix the issue. Find it out here.

I have a Sony Handycam camcorder(HDR-CX360V), which is wonderful to be taken to record full HD videos(AVCHD) when I’m travelling. Whereas, when I wanna edit those Sony Handycam MTS files in iMovie 11 before sharing with my friends, I met problems: the iMovie won’t detect my Sony Handycam, and I couldn’t edit my videos.

I've tried to find out more on the Sony Handycam and iMovie workflow. And here I list the possible solutions for you to import Sony Handycam video to iMovie smoothly.

Solution 1: From iMovie's support page, I learnt that iMovie can import both AVCHD (high definition) and MPEG-2 (standard definition) content from Sony Handycam HDR series Sony HDR-CX11, HDRCX12, HDR-SR1 and HDR-SR7. And you can get it done with the following guidelines.

1. This issue is resolved for iMovie ’11 when you upgrade to version 9.0.1 or later.
    For versions previous to iMovie ’11 v9.0.1, including iMovie ’08, ’09, and ’11 (v9.0 only):
    2. To import the AVCHD content from the camera when MPEG-2 content has also been recorded, you must first import and erase the MPEG-2 content from the camera. You should then be able to import the AVCHD content.

Solution 2:

As far as I know, iMovie any version can't use 1920x1080 60p or 50p - If I've read other questions right. So to import Sony Handycam 60p or 50p footage to iMovie or you have crashing or rendering problems, the easy workaround is to convert Sony Handycam AVCHD footage to a more editing-friendly format, such a iMovie's Apple Intermediate Codec.

Download and install Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac. It is a powerful high-quality video converter, player and editor especially designed for AVCHD camcorder users. It's free, clean, safe to install and use. With it, you can effortlessly transcode Sony Handycam MTS files to Apple Intermediate Codec encoded MOV files which ensures best results when using in iMovie 08/09/11.

The Steps: Transcoding Sony Handycam MTS files to iMovie

1) Launch the best Sony Handycam to iMovie Converter, and then click the "Add" button to load the .mts videos.

2) Click the format bar or the pull down menu of "Format" to select "iMovie and Final Cut Express--> Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC)(*.mov)" and then click the "Convert" button to start the conversion.

Settings - If you like, you can click “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the interface according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.

You've done. Your Sony Handycam files will be converted into AIC .MOV files ready for importing into iMovie 08/09/11 smoothly.

Related Guides:

Import AVCHD videos from Sony Handycam 1080p to Mac for editing
    How to edit Sony Handycam files in Windows Movie Maker
    How to Convert Sony Handycam files to MP4 for playing

Waktu sekarang Fri May 17, 2024 5:27 am